Thursday, April 26, 2012

Garden Update

I haven't posted a garden update in a while.

The weather here has been crazy.  Out of nowhere it got warm.  I was in the 70 and 80's for several days.  Then, just as quickly, we had some nights where it got down into the mid 30's.  Luckily I didn't lose any plants.  I moved all of my container plants inside on the cold nights.  The peppers that were in the ground got covered with buckets.  They certainly haven't grown as much as the ones in the containers.


My upside down tomato plant seems to be doing OK.  There's even something growing out of the top of it.  I have climbed up there to find out what it is.

 These are 9 squash plants and 3 more kale plants.  I haven't figured out where I'm going to plant them yet.

Basil
Pepper plants in containers.

Kale and broccoli plants in the front yard.
The tomatoes have gotten so big that I had to tie them up.
I've planted beans and spinach seeds as well, but they haven't done anything yet.  I'll post pictures of the plants in the back yard some other time.  They haven't done as well.  They don't get enough sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment