It took a few months, but eventually I ended up with some nice compost.
PVC drip irrigation might have to come out next year. I pulled the end cap off and the inside of the pipe was green with algae.
|Overflow barrel in relation to the nearest rain barrel. It's 8-10" lower.|
|Closeup photo of the overflow barrel under the deck.|
|Float valve installed at the hose bib location with strainer attached.|
|July 24, hen and chicks sleeping in the nesting box.|
|July 28, hen on her own and the chicks are still in the nesting boxes.|
|I count 8 chicks in this picture. One of them has disappeared since it was taken.|
|Somehow they got up here.|
|There just the slightest gap under that front rail. It's enough for some of the chicks to get under.|
|The block of wood is still there propping up the tractor and the feeder is not in there.|