Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Still preparing for blueberries...

I didn't like the way the flower bed for the blueberries was done.


It was like this when we moved in.  There's a 2x6 piece of lumber on two sides holding back the soil.  On the end were some stones sloping downward.  It just didn't look good. 

This is a picture from the other side.  Again, the previous owners just left some random bricks there.  I suppose I could have picked them up at some point, but I never did. 
This is an older picture taken before the shrubs were removed and the bed was prepared for blueberries.

Anyway, this is what it looks like now.
  

Home Depot had landscape timbers on sale, so this was the perfect time to do this project.  The bed is a few inches bigger in all directions.  I should be able to get more plants in there now.

The sloppy stones at the end are gone! 
 
 I still need to add more soil and compost, but it's good enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment