Sunday, June 5, 2016

Garden Update -- June 2016

It's June already.  Time for an update.
Everything is really taking off.
Tomatoes and lettuce. 
More tomatoes.  I've had to tie up quite a few of them already.
Tomatoes of various sizes.  Kale in the middle of the bed, and cucumbers at the back.
This kale is out of control.  The tomatoes are doing well.
The tomatillos are big and out of control.  The peppers, lettuce and tomatoes are coming along.
I managed to pick all of the spinach that was in this bed.  The peppers here are already producing (see below).
This spinach has bolted.  I think I might let it go to seed.
I picked this much spinach on at least two occasions.
Sweet peppers!  They're early this year.  I think it was September before I got any last year.
Jalapeno peppers.
I didn't spend a lot of time planning the layout of the garden this year.  We mostly eat peppers and tomatoes, so those were the seeds that I started.  I have tomatoes of all different sizes.  To make things more interesting I dumped all of my various tomato seeds into one packet.  I'm not even sure what types of tomatoes that I'm going to get.  I just know that I'm going to have a lot of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment