Thursday, June 16, 2016

I relocated one of my rain barrels.

Long ago I put a rain barrel near my chicken coop so they'd have water.  I came to the conclusion that it wasn't necessary.  The main reason being that I no longer have any chickens.  The other reason was that it was easy to just connect the long line of drip irrigation tubing from the house directly to the chicken waterer and not have the extra barrel sitting there. 

It made much more sense to move that barrel to the front of my house to increase the capacity of the drip irrigation system for my raised bed gardens.
Putting it in place was pretty simple.  I stacked 4x8x16" concrete blocks just like I had for the other barrels.  I attached the new barrel to the old barrels using an old garden hose with female adapters on both ends.  This additional capacity should let me get a few more days of irrigation before falling back to using house water.

No comments:

Post a Comment