Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chicken coop cont.

The chicken coop continued... The nesting boxes and roof.

I made three nesting boxes out of some scrap OSB that I had laying around.



The rafters for the roof are notched 2x4's.  Then ends are cut at angles.  A miter saw would have made this a lot easier, but I managed with a circular saw.

Rafters in place with blocking in between them.  I also used hurricane ties at each end to hold them to the walls.

Here's a view from the inside.

I put chicken wire over both ends.  This should help keep the critters out.


More chicken wire mesh on the ends will allow for lots of ventilation.

I haven't mentioned it so far, but most of the structure was primed with white primer.  Hopefully that'll help protect it from the elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment