The chicken coop continued... The nesting boxes and roof.
I made three nesting boxes out of some scrap OSB that I had laying around.
The rafters for the roof are notched 2x4's. Then ends are cut at angles. A miter saw would have made this a lot easier, but I managed with a circular saw.
Rafters in place with blocking in between them. I also used hurricane ties at each end to hold them to the walls.
Here's a view from the inside.
I put chicken wire over both ends. This should help keep the critters out.
More chicken wire mesh on the ends will allow for lots of ventilation.
I haven't mentioned it so far, but most of the structure was primed with white primer. Hopefully that'll help protect it from the elements.