The chickens are no longer small. They needed bigger housing, so I built a new chicken coop.
I placed my order through Home Depot's web site and got an email when it was ready. That was the way to do. There was no need to wander up and down the aisles and pull stuff off. They did it all, and then they loaded it into my vehicle. I had to drive with my knees in the dash, but 4x8 sheets of plywood do fit in a Kia Sedona.
I started by building the floor. It measures 4x8.
Here it is with 4x4 lets attached. It's on a level spot behind the shed. This keeps it somewhat out of site.
For the floor I used a sheet of half inch OSB.
The back wall was essentially the same as the floor. It's 4' high.
Here's the back wall attached to the floor and held in place by some extra 2x4's.
The front wall is 3' high
The design more or less came from a book my wife picked up, "Chicken Coops for Dummies." That book had a design for a basic 4x4' coop. I doubled that and made mine 4x8'. The nesting boxes I built were different too, but I'll get to those later.