Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another update on the new chickens.

I went out to close up the coop and put away the feed tonight like I always do.  I checked the pen with the new chicks and much to my surprise they weren't in there!  My first reaction was panic.  I didn't know if they got under the fence and were in the woods.  Maybe they were under the coop.  Maybe they were somewhere in the yard.  No.  They were in the coop with the rest of the birds.  Go figure....
 
I hope this works out OK.  She's locked in there with the rest of the layers until I open the coop tomorrow morning.  I haven't seen her interact much with them.  There was some fighting initially, but now I think she pretty much just stays away from them.  I could be wrong about that.  I'm not here much during the day to see them interact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment