Friday, September 6, 2013

Eventually it will be fall. Time for knitting!

A few years ago, I took up knitting.  Like most crafts, I pick it up for a while, and then put it down for a long while, and I rarely actually finish anything. 



I did, however, finish a dress for my niece...










and a skirt for my daughter.












I've never managed to finish anything for myself.  But a little while back, I saw a post on the Polyface Hen House blog about a Mystery Summer Shawl Knit Along.  I was truly inspired!  So when I saw Sherri post about the newest Mystery Fall Knit Along, I was intrigued and decided to join in!

For all the information about the knit along, check out the blog at WPKnits!

I've purchased the pattern and, inspired by Sherri's blog post, I've started compiling some color inspiration and yarn ideas.  

If you saw my house, you'd know fall colors are my absolute favorites, so I couldn't stray too far for this project...


And I'm drooling over some yarns I've found online, though I'll probably just go to a local big box craft shop when I'm actually ready to buy to make it most economical.

If you're a knitter and interested in following along, you can find me on Ravelry!  C'mon over and let me know what you're working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment