Sunday, January 22, 2012

Greenhouse Heat

It was raining yesterday so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to make some updates to the mini-greenhouse.  I moved it into the garage where it was dry.
Here's a better photo of the black fleece fabric stapled to the back.

I decided to tackle the issue of heat loss during the night.  This is what I came up with. 
sophisticated-greenhouse-heating-unit




In case you are wondering, those are not 100-watt incandescent bulbs that the Federal government banned.  Those are highly sophisticated greenhouse heating elements.  It just so happens that they also produce a lot of light.  (OK. OK.  One of those bulbs is 100w and the other is 60w.)

I mounted the sophisticated-greenhouse-heating-unit on one of the diagonal braces.  I tried to get in the middle of the structure.

The initial test is a success!

And here it is keeping my tiny plants nice and warm.

Supplies:
Results:
I got up at 7:15 this morning to check the results.  It was 33* outside and 46* in the greenhouse.  I'd call that a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment