Sunday, April 21, 2013

Final Grass Update

I have grass in my yard!

This is what it looked like a few months ago.

Now it looks like this! 

I figured that it had been long enough.  It was time to take down the netting.  We've been keeping the chickens fenced in by the coop.  So I'm not worried about them tearing up this nice new lawn.

I threw down a lot of clover along with fescue, and a little bit of winter rye, and alfalfa.  
  
I did run the mower over it.  I bagged the clippings and dumped them in front of the chicken coop.  The chickens went nuts.  They all gathered around for a buffet.  I guess they've been missing the greens.
I still have plenty of patches of yard that need grass. I don't know if I'll do anything about it or not.  The leaves have come in and my back yard is shaded most of the day now.  I might have to wait until next spring.  Oh well, it's not as bad as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment