Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chicken and Egg update

It's been a while since I've written anything about my chickens.  I have good news.  All seven of my chickens are laying eggs.  We get 4-7 eggs per day.  That adds up quick.  It's not uncommon for me to open the fridge and find 3 dozen eggs in there.  Luckily my friends, neighbors, and co-workers are willing to take them off my hands.

I heard one of the birds squawking and making a bunch of racket the other day.  So I went to see what the problem was.  All three nesting boxes were occupied.  I guess the other bird didn't want to wait. 


Here's another photo showing the variety of the eggs that we get.  The big brown one on the left is from the Rhode Island Red

I'm hoping to get some broilers in the near future.  I'm sure that'll be an interesting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment