Thursday, May 22, 2014

Backyard Broilers -- Round 2: Week 7

I don't have a whole lot new to say about these birds.  They finished off the second 50 lb. bag of soy-free feed.  I'm waiting for my source to get another shipment.  In the mean time, I've been feeding them the Purina feed I bought for the layers.  That 50 lb. bag was 2/3 full and as of tonight it's empty.  I'm hoping that I can get more of the soy-free stuff tomorrow.  If not, I'll have to stop and pick up another bag of Purina. 
They're always anxious to be let out in the morning.
These birds actually seem to be more active as they've gotten older.  For a while there they were quite lazy.  They were spending their days just laying under the coop.  Now I find them out foraging several times a day.  (Maybe they don't like the Purina feed?)
 
 

7 weeks old.
Foraging in the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment