Monday, February 27, 2012

Still Juicing

I talked about juicing in a previous post.  One of the things I forgot to mention, was what didn't work.

I normally stick to the same recipe of:
  • kale
  • romaine lettuce
  • ginger
  • lemon or lime
  • apple or pear
  • carrots
I have tried adding other things.  Some worked better than others.

Things I added that turned out OK:
  • blackberries
  • strawberries
  • spinach
  • garlic (1 clove)
  • cucumber
  • peach
  • kiwi
  • grapes
Things I tried that I wouldn't be in a hurry to try again:
  • jalapeño (I left out the ginger when I tried this.  It was drinkable, but it had some major kick.)
  • celery
There's only one thing that I added and really didn't care for.  That was cilantro.   I like to eat cilantro, but it made some juice that wasn't drinkable.

I did try a new recipe the other day that I really enjoyed.

I used the following:
  • Strawberries
  • 2 pears
  • 1 Lemon
  • 2 Carrots

I couldn't taste the lemon.  If I make this or something similar again, I'll use two.
It was much more pleasant looking than kale juice, and it tasted good.  My wife even drank it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment