Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Brrrr... It got cold.

Well, I had to do it.  I had to add heat to the second mini-greenhouse.

As it turned out, the greenhouse in the garden wasn't able to hold any of heat it gained during the day.  Then I saw that the weather forecast was calling for a low of 23*.  Twenty-three degrees!!!  I moved south to get away from the cold.  As it so happened, the same time this cold front was coming through, I was going on a trip north to PA (where it was 14* and snowing).

I solved this problem by running an extension cord from the garden greenhouse to the patio greenhouse.  I plugged it into the thermostatically controlled outlet so it would come on automatically. 
I don't have pictures to prove it, but I checked, and the plants in both greenhouses appear to be doing well.  They survived the cold spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment