Thursday, March 21, 2013

More Self watering 5-gallon bucket containers

I made some more self watering containers.  I did some things a little differently this time.  I managed to cut myself while hacking on a tick can.  So I went to Lowes and got one of these 3" atrium grates.


I drilled holes in the bottom of the bucket to allow excess water to drain out.  I did use a can in this bucket.

I used the atrium grate mentioned above in this bucket.

I have three buckets done.  I used three different lids.  I don't know if the color will make a difference or not.  I'll just have to wait and see how well each one works.

I don't have a picture of it, but I did drill holes in the exterior buckets just below the bottom of the interior bucket.  That way water can drain out if they get overfilled.  

Now it just needs to get warm enough to plant stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment