These things are consuming a lot of my free time.
I've had such good luck with the poultry nipple waterers, that I decided to make another one. They are cleaner and so much less work than the 1-quart waterer I've been using in the second tractor.
|The quart waterer is still in there. I need to take that out.|
The birds themselves seem to be doing fine. They've grown quite a bit since we got them.
|Almost 4 weeks.|
I had a bit of a scare tonight. I was dragging the new tractor and heard a terrible squeal. I looked and saw that I had caught a leg of one of the birds. I lifted the tractor enough to free it. It limped away. I picked it up and inspected its legs. I couldn't tell that anything was wrong. There were no obvious signs that anything was broken. But, I'm not a doctor (or farmer). I watered some plants around the yard, and checked on them again. They all seemed to be doing fine. I'm going keep a close eye on them the next few days. I'd really hate to lose one at this point.