Monday, July 22, 2013

Drip irrigation air purge video.

A little over a month ago I wrote about adding a vertical clear tubing to my drip irrigation system.  It allows me to see the water level in my rain barrels.  It also provides a path for air to escape the system.

I like to use the rain barrels in my front yard since they are higher than the ones in my back yard.  That gives me slightly more pressure and a better flow rate.  They can also drain all the way down.  Unfortunately all four of them were empty the other day.  So I disconnected the tubing and connected it to the barrels in the back yard.  In the process I got a lot of air in the line.  I was able to capture some video of the air escaping the clear purge line.  So now I know for sure that it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment