Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Let there be salsa.

I've been getting a lot of tomatoes, peppers, and tomatillos out of the garden lately.
Salsa - Some assembly required.

Ingredients:
  • Tomatoes 
  • Peppers 
  • Tomatillos
  • Cilantro
  • Lime juice
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Salt 
I didn't measure anything.  I just cut stuff up and threw it in a bowl. 
I thought it turned out pretty good for my first attempt.  Cutting everything up seemed to take forever.  There's got to be a faster way to get it done.  Or maybe my kitchen skills just aren't that great.

It irks me to no end that I had to use store bought cilantro.  I had tons of the stuff in March/April when it was cool out.  It bolted once it got hot and now it's all dried out.  Oh well.  I wish I could explain why nature has cilantro and tomatoes available in different seasons.  They're such a tasty combination.  That's just the way it is though.

No comments:

Post a Comment